Migration from OpenText to SharePoint Online
Hays is a global leader in specialist recruitment with over £3bn in turnover. Over 8,000 staff in 380 offices across 27 countries, last year they placed 80,000 people in permanent jobs, & 300,000 into temporary roles.
Case Study Overview
Hays had undertaken a massive technology innovation and renovation programme and Proventeq worked with them as Solution Architecture & Design consultants; helping Hays achieve technology innovations by providing specialist consultancy.
The Complexities Of Migrating From OpenText To SharePoint Online
- To integrate the core CRM system with back-office applications
- Provide an effective search platform to allow visibility across over 10,000,000 CVs.
- Redevelop business-critical applications to meet emerging business needs.
- Modernise the existing Hays website.
- Insight into operations to provide accurate and actionable information.
- Need for public-facing enterprise mobility solutions across key business functions.
- Full fidelity migration of over 1,000,000 compliance documents into SharePoint.
Solving Hays’ Unique Challenges
Proventeq worked with Hays to meet these unique challenges:
Solution Architecture & Design
Using a mix of the latest Microsoft .Net and Oracle technologies, solution architecture was designed for critical applications.
Designing an SOA platform for integrating the core CRM system with back-office (PeopleSoft) and other business applications.
Complex integration of Google Search Appliance to the core CRM platform for searching through the key business entities.
Operational Management Information platform using Oracle BI as the front end and SSAS as the back end.
iPhone and Android applications for Job searching (live) and timesheet submission.
We migrated: a legacy intranet site, more than 1.1 million compliance documents to SharePoint and a legacy website to Oracle WebCenter.